CMH - Ceramic Metal Halide
A somewhat newer development, CMH lights seem to be a new wave for indoor gardeners. Many growers are exploring CMH lighting out due to them having a more complete spectrum from one single bulb, as opposed to switching out MH and HPS bulbs during your grow cycle. CMH however do fall a little short during the fruiting/flowering cycle when compared with the tried and true HPS.
Some of the best benefits of CMH fixtures include:
- Native UV spectrum output
- Increased PAR efficiency compared to standard HID bulbs
- They don't put out a noticeable orange or purple light, so you can view your plants more naturally
- Watt per watt, they have a lower heat output than standard HID fixtures
- They last much longer than standard HID lights, saving you money on bulb replacement